The Mississippi University for Women Archives contains some 700 linear feet of paper records, photographs, scrapbooks, bound volumes, and other objects that document the history and people of Mississippi University for Women, the first publicly-supported women's college in the United States. A few to note are: Annie Coleman Peyton papers, a university "founding mother"; University Presidents John Clayton Fant (1920-1929) through Clyda Stokes Rent (1989-2001) records; and other materials donated by alumni and friends of the university. The Mississippi University for Women Archives' digital collection contains about 800 images relating to the history, people, and culture of Mississippi University for Women.
The W was the 2015 recipient of the Cultural Heritage Digitization Award. View more information regarding the CHDA here.
These materials are presented online for educational purposes only. Images may contain copyrighted material. Use of these materials on websites, in exhibits, or in publications requires the permission of Mississippi University for Women Archives and/or the legal copyright holder. The user bears full responsibility for securing any and all appropriate permissions. Please contact Mississippi University for Women Archives for further information.